Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy
Merapar Technologies Group B.V. and its affiliates (“we”, “us”, “our” or the Merapar Technologies Group) are obliged to protect the personal data (also referred to as “information” or “data”) provided or entrusted to it. We make every effort to ensure that data is protected against loss, destruction, disclosure, unauthorized access or improper use.
The collection, processing and protection of personal data is carried out by the Merapar Technologies Group in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
The Merapar Technologies Group is based in Veldhoven, address:
De Run 84175504 EP Veldhoven, VAT nr: NL 852742575 B 01
with the privacy representative available at email@example.com.
Under Article 6 par. 1 of the GDPR, personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, demographics, etc.
In what situations your personal data may be processed by us?
- We search our database of candidates and analyze their profiles in order to find suitable candidates for newly opened positions for which we recruit internally or for our clients. We use personal data of candidates or suppliers also for administrative purposes, eg. we prepare specifications for recruitment services, issue VAT invoices, etc .;
- We process personal data within the context of concluding employment agreements and/or other agreements. Merapar may be legally obliged to process certain personal data or we process personal data based on a legitimate interest when we strongly believe that the candidate can benefit from the information we are sharing.
- We contact the candidates on social media in regards to issues related to the provision of our services: to inform about interesting job offers, ask to provide further information about themselves, and also, subject to consent, we forward the candidates’ data to clients;
- We process our candidates and suppliers data also for establishing and facilitating purposes in contact with our clients- subject to consent.
- We provide HR and payroll services and manage staff. We carry out the duties associated with operating the employment of permanent and temporary workers, including in the area of occupational health and safety and occupational medicine;
- For security purposes, we can verify the identity of candidates, employees and third parties who have access to Merapar Technologies Group offices. We can also verify the data on the candidates and check their references. We verify and monitor the activity of Merapar Technologies Group systems and offices, because we want to avoid any misuse of the information contained in databases and to protect the interests of Merapar Technologies Group and its customers;
- We fulfil the obligations imposed by law. In some cases, we may be subject to the obligation to store data about candidates. For example, if we ask a candidate for permission to use information about himself, we will store this consent to demonstrate compliance with the legal obligation under the provisions on personal data protection.
- to manage the website and for system administration purposes (using information that relates to your device, your browser and the way you navigate our website content)
- for web analytics, to help us make decisions related to the content we present and how we present it
- to improve our website and provide you with a better browsing experience.
- to improve our marketing and communication strategy.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive, tablet or mobile device through your web browser that enables the website operator or service provider to recognize your browser and collect certain information. We will use this information on an aggregated level (in a way that can no longer be related back to you) unless you choose to download content, in which case we will need to collect the relevant information to serve to you the content requested.
Where we make use of Google Analytics cookies, the settings are organized in a privacy friendly fashion in line with the guidance by the Dutch Data Protection Authority. To learn more about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data, you may visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Web analytics tools help us understand how our visitors browse through our website.
Social media plugins
We have included social media plugins on Merapar’s website, which means that using it, the IP address of your device and the browser ID you are using are transferred to social media providers. Thanks to this integration, those specific social media providers receive information that your browser has displayed Merapar’s website, even if you do not have a profile with those social media providers or if you are not logged in to those social media at the same time.
Activating the buttons establishes a direct connection to the server of the respective social network which may gather data from your device.
Please note that Merapar does not have any influence on the scope of data gathered by the social networks through their buttons. More details of the purpose and scope of the data gathered and how the respective social networks process and use this data as well as details of your rights and the relevant setting options to protect your privacy you can find on the following websites:
Legal grounds for collection and processing
We process personal data based on the below legal grounds.
- based on the consent to the processing of personal data provided by the application form on the website https://merapar.com/careers/ either in the form of a written statement, or
- because it is necessary to comply with the agreement to which you are a party (eg. a contract of employment) or it is necessary to take pre-contractual activities upon your request – in this case, the information is not mandatory, but it is necessary to do so that the contract may be concluded and performed, or
- because it is necessary to fulfil the legal obligation incumbent on Merapar Technologies Group, or
- because the processing is necessary for the objectives of the legitimate interests pursued by the Merapar Technologies Group or a third party, such as direct marketing of its own products or services, the investigation claims arising from its business activities or using data to control access to buildings and premises.
We will ensure that the data is only collected for marked, legitimate purposes and not subject to further processing incompatible with those purposes.
We will also ensure that your personal data will not be kept for longer than required by law. Information about the candidate (name and surname, contact details, professional experience, education, contact details, etc.) is available in our database for 2 years from the date of its entry into the database or from the date of the last contact with the candidate, depending on which date is later.
Moreover, when storing information, no more than is necessary for the purposes of the recruitment process will be stored. We do not store sensitive information on the racial or ethinical origin, status, religion or political preferences. However, some information, i.e. country of origin, might be needed when being in contact/process with candidates from outside of the EU – in these situations no more information than needed will be stored as well.
The rights you have as data subject
You can exercise the following rights in regards to your data that is processed by Merapar Technologies Group:
- the right of access to personal data,
- the right of correction of personal data,
- the right of deletion of personal data,
- the right to put restrictions on processing personal data,
- the right to data portability.
When you wish your data not to be stored in the database, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a request for removal, giving your name and other information (e.g. phone number, email address) allowing us to identify your record in the database.
If we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, it is important to understand that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of personal data before its withdrawal or the legality of the further processing of the data if the provision of the contract or provision of law permits it or requires it from Merapar Technologies Group If you would like to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Transfer of personal data
We may transfer your personal data in the recruitment process to:
- The suppliers – it may be necessary to provide your data to our suppliers in order to enable them to provide us with services (eg. server sharing service for our database, work medicine service, etc.). If the information is to be made available, we conclude a written agreement with such a supplier, under which the supplier undertakes to ensure adequate protection of the entrusted information.
- The clients – we offer our clients services in the field of IT project implementation, and because of that, it may be necessary for Merapar Technologies Group to present the profiles of our candidates and/or employees for contractual purposes. If the information is to be made available, we will inform our employees and/ or candidates with prior notice and share information only when given the consent.
We may transfer your personal data for the other purposes as listed herein to:
- third parties service providers – those carry out certain tasks on our behalf and act upon our instructions, including amongst others information technology service providers and website analytics providers.
- organisations and businesses in connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of our assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products, including at bankruptcy.
- governmental organizations and law enforcement in case of investigations, or courts and attorneys in connection with legal proceedings or to exercise our rights, or to any of such as otherwise required by law.
Transfer to third countries
We have taken technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, loss, and destruction. We oblige all of our employees to comply with the GDPR and to treat your personal data confidentially. We continuously revise our security measures in accordance with market standards.
Updates and changes
If you have any questions, or wish to update your personal data or withdraw your consent on any processing, you can contact us via the below addresses. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Merepar Technologies Group B.V.
De Run 8417
5504 EP Veldhoven
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This statement was updated on: 26.02.2020.