Want to know more about this case?
Harry Koiter will happily answer all your questions.
Bird Control Group provides innovative products to keep birds at a safe distance. They had multiple backend systems in place where data was copied several times. Merapar created a data lake in AWS to get single source of data.
Bird Control Group
In a world with increasing demands for food, energy and mobility, effective and long lasting bird control is crucial. Bird Control Group provides innovative products to keep birds at a safe distance, ensuring a safer working environment and a highly effective way of damage prevention. The World Wildlife Fund recognizes the laser technology of Bird Control Group as innovative, effective and animal friendly. They serve customers in aviation, agriculture, industry, oil & gas, recreation and real estate. Bird Control Group operates in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Customer had multiple backend systems in place were data was copied several times. No golden version of their data
- Preventive maintenance: keeping track of delivered , active autonomics worldwide
- As a scale-out the number of autonomics (devices) grows quite fast . Their first version of the autonomic could not be controlled remotely and was only accessible onsite by bluetooth.
- Analysing their data was time consuming and manual labour (potential erroneous)
What we delivered
- Creation of the AWS landing zone
- Merapar created a data lake with the purpose of having 1 single source of data were all the 3rd parties would send their data
- Integration with existing customer tooling (amongst PowerBI)
- Training of Bird Control team members (developers and Admins) to autonomously maintain and extend the platform
- Automated process for presenting and analysing end to end dataflow
- Saving significant data-analyst effort
- Opening up the opportunity to be a data-driven company
- Achieved unified, near real-time reporting throughout the whole organisation