Vacancy Cloud Developer (Monaco)
Vacancy Cloud Developer (Monaco)
Cloud Developer (Monaco)
We help globally recognised brands deliver groundbreaking digital experiences to their customers. We are a startup but our founding members come from leading media and TV companies. In fact, the chances are last time you watched TV we played a part in bringing it to your screen. TV is where it all started for us, but we’re rapidly expanding into the IoT (Internet of Things) space and will make some exciting announcements there soon.
At Merapar, we specialise in the development of scalable backend solutions and responsive front-end applications in Amazon AWS cloud environments using agile methodologies. From providing support on the initial business and technology concepts to successful implementation of operational solutions. Acting as advanced development group to allow for fast introduction and deployment of new technologies and techniques. It is headquartered in the Netherlands with regional offices and staff in the UK, Monaco and Poland. We offer a dynamic and passionate environment to foster teamwork with the aim of providing the best quality solutions to our clients.
As a Cloud Developer at Merapar you will be responsible for the design, implementation and operations of backend or frontend products and help your team to build great software, share knowledge and find new ways to solve problems together. You will join a skilled and motivated team, hit the ground running and think on your feet. We offer flexibility and freedom in return for passion and commitment.
If this job does not look like a perfect fit but you like our vision and think you have something to offer, check out our other vacancies or get in touch for an informal chat.
What you will do:
- Participate to the evaluation of the feasibility of the business requirements and propose several solutions
- Define, implement, release and maintain various microservices, both backend and frontend based
- Work in small teams, usually between 3 and 6 persons, under the supervision of a product manager or a project manager
- Make sure the functional and nonfunctional requirements are met and the right level of documentation is in place
- Learn new technologies and design patterns, introducing them to projects where appropriate
You should have/be:
- Curious and prepared to learn and experiment with new technologies with little external support
- Passionate and enthusiast thriving on challenges
- Team spirit fitting with our company culture
- Client focused with a pragmatic mindset
- Fluent in English and ideally a second European language
- Willing to travel on a regular basis
- The ability to identify and solve problems and work with minimal guidance and direction
- Cloud knowledge, preferably AWS
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with agile development, ideally in Java, NodeJS/typescript and Python
- Experience with Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, GIT, Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana and noSQL will be a plus
- Ideally knowledge of security, big data, IoT and machine learning in an Amazon AWS environment
- Bachelor or Master degree in technology would be preferred
What we offer:
- We offer a constantly evolving environment and challenging projects over a wide range of clients
- We are an innovative international company, so there may be opportunities to work in a different country or different technical domain in the future
- We are deeply committed to investing in our teams, we want to support your development and help you maximise your career opportunities
- We offer a competitive salary package, flexible working hours and attractive benefit packages such as health care coverage and meal allowance
Start date: As soon as possible